TPP Peel-Off and Re-Closable Tissue Culture Flasks are the only flasks available that have an opening on the roof of the flask that allows complete and uninhibited access to the entire growth surface. This feature makes these flasks an ideal solution for applications such transgenic cell construction where candidate clones must be picked following transfection, or applications where it is necessary to remove an entire layer of cells or tissue intact such as when culturing skin grafts.
The Peel-Off Flasks have a single-use plastic foil that can be peeled back when the cells or tissue or ready for harvesting. The Re-Closable Flasks have a multiple-use hatch that can be opened and closed repeatedly and safely with proper aseptic technique.
- Total flask access – pick cells from a specific subpopulation, or lift an entire cell or tissue layer
- Only the flask floor is treated for growth, preventing unwanted cell growth up the sides and neck of the flask; no wasted media and consistent results from flask to flask
- Completely flat growth surface limits uneven cell growth and clumping
- Ideal for use with a cell lifter
- 115cm2 or 150cm2 growth surface – the 115cm2 flasks have the same footprint as the 150cm2 flasks, but with an internal barrier that creates an almost square growth area
- 0.22µm hydrophobic filter cap
- White, easy-to-see marking area and graduations
- Flasks stack safely and securely
- Made from high grade polystyrene, caps are polyethylene
- Impeccable optical clarity for viewing
- Individually leak tested and each lot is quality controlled for sterility and cell growth
- Packaged in gamma irradiated, sterile sleeves
- Certified DNAse/RNAse, nucleic acid, and pyrogen-free